Saturday, August 2, 2014

7,305th Day Together

Eight days ago, my wife posted a blog about her 40th birthday.  Well, four days after that, we celebrated our 20th anniversary (dating, not wedding) together.  Now, another four days have elapsed.  So why is this significant?

Today marks the day that my wife has been with me for the same amount of days as the number of days that she has not been with me.  We started dating when she was 20 years and 4 days old.  She is now 40 years and 8 days old (with 5 leap years conveniently situated in either side of those time periods).  This means that from this day forward she will be with me for longer than she has not been with me.

I can't take credit for this observation.  My brother, Kaka, first pointed this out when the date with his wife arrived.  My co-worker also mentioned this, but he was talking about the number of years in the working world vs. not working in his lifetime.  Yeah, I mainly associate with nerds.

Big Oh

No comments:

Post a Comment