Saturday, November 22, 2014

My Little Big Girl

Yesterday was M1's birthday.  She turned 10 and since she hit double digits, she's a big girl now, right?  The wife asked her if she wanted a special birthday present.  Her response was that she wanted to sleep between Mommy and Daddy.  I was hit with a wave of emotions - difficult to describe but they ran the whole spectrum from happy to sad.

Recently I've been asking her to "grow up" quite a bit.  I asked her to help clean the house, set the table, babysit M3, and take care of M2.  While she doesn't always listen, she has come through most of the time.  I need to remember that she is only 10 years-old - she's still just a little girl!  I was sad that I was putting pressure on her to grow up.  But I'm happy that I got to hold her to sleep last night.

Big Oh

No comments:

Post a Comment