Thursday, January 1, 2015

Top Ten List Of 2014

Happy New Year!  Yes, it will be a much much better 2015!

Many years ago the Big Oh and I started an annual 'Top 10' list of the year.  We started it the first year we were dating and we would each compile a list on New Year's Eve to give to each other.  The lists could include favorite movies of the year, special events that occurred, a trip we took, a good book/song, or an actor/actress which we were currently obsessed with - pretty much anything that was amazing & memorable for that year.  We stopped doing this about 4 or 5 years ago because we just got 'too busy'. WRONG!  Too busy to spend just half an hour thinking about the last 365 days and what made us most happy?  WRONG!  WRONG! WRONG!  So this year I am going to write my Top 10.  Considering what my family and I have gone through this year some may think it would be difficult to come up with a 'Top 10 of 2014' - not so!  I am reflecting on the last 12 months & there is so so much I am happy about!  So here it is:

MY TOP 10 LIST OF 2014

10) M3 starting JK and finally eating lunch at school (in December)
9) All the doctors & nurses & medical support staff that I have met
8) Being able to watch my  girls dance on stage - I've done it before, but this year was especially meaningful
7) M2's first solo: 'Welcome To Havana'
6) Dr.L. - my Angel, my life saver, my friend
5) L.L., N.L., H.H., L.W., & P.T.(the sisters I got to choose)
4) My husband's siblings & parents (my bonus brothers and sisters)
3) My own siblings & parents
2) My beautiful daughters
1) The Big Oh

It can be so easy to let a bad event, an unhappy experience, take over your life.  So much in fact that it overshadows and over powers even the happy moments and everything you are blessed with.  I will not let that happen to me...I am happy. I am grateful.  I am here.
Y.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment