Friday, October 14, 2016

My In-Laws

I live in a multi-generational home - my parent-in-laws and I live together so we are one big happy family of 7!

I think I am in the minority in that I get along with my parent-in-laws quite well.  If I didn't, I don't think we would've lasted the 13 years we've had.  In fact, I pride myself in that I have a very healthy relationship with my husband's siblings too.  And it isn't because I'M Miss Congeniality.  It is because my husband's family is truly the most loving, caring, respectful, honest, and generous people around.

I am thinking about my parents-in-law because we went out for groceries & lunch yesterday.  We do this often since I stopped working full-time.  I had to stop working because I got sick.  Really sick.  I really believe I am here today because of all the help my family and my husband's family have given me over the last 2 1/2 years.  And because I live with my in-laws they have had to burden more than they should have. They cooked for us, kept our home spotless inside & out, and even driven me to doctors appointments when I couldn't drive myself.  But I am most grateful to them for just being here for my children, for being their rock, their constant, when my daughters' world was turned upside down when I was most sick.  When I needed to focus my energy on healing myself & getting better I knew I didn't have the distraction of worrying about my children because I knew they are so loved & well cared for.

I know how lucky I am & am grateful everyday for having these amazing people in my life.

Y.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment