Friday, September 14, 2018

AGT

M2 is a huge AGT fan.  She made an AGT fan IG account (agt.fan2018) where she’ll post pictures, predictions, and comments on this year’s contestants - she’s even had a couple of the actual contestants “Like” and make comments on her fan page!  My favourite contestant this year is a soloist, Michael Ketterer.  He won’t win the competition, there are definitely other acts that are more “Vegas-worthy”, but he has made the final round.  He’s only preformed 3 times but his soulful-country-rock vocals has really made an impact on the show, on social media, and on me!

For his latest performance in the semi-finals this week he sang “When I Look At You”.  I had never heard this song before and at first I wasn’t feeling it as much as his previous 2 auditions when he sang “To Love Somebody” and “Us”.  However the more I listen to it, the more I connect to the song - the lyrics are particularly meaningful to me.  And when I first read through them I thought of my “inspirations” - The Big Oh & my beuatiful girls.  Here are a couple of links to the lyrics and to the Semi-Final performance:

When I Look At You Lyrics

When I Look At You Michael Ketterer AGT Semi-Finals

I feel very lucky that I have beautiful inspirations to look to in my times of darkness - I hope you all can find your inspiration too.

Y.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment