Wednesday, January 4, 2023

Montreal Trip: Day 4

It was the final day of our trip and we checked out of the hotel at noon.  The plan was just to have a quick lunch and drive back to Markham.  We walked around for 20 minutes looking for a place because every restaurant we wanted to go to was closed!  Not sure why, because it wasn't a holiday.  We contemplated taking the Metro somewhere again so that M2 could get in another ride.  But we ended up at another Italian restaurant - the girls love Italian food!  M1 got seafood risotto, M2 got shrimp and veal pasta, M3 got tortellini, and I got a pizza.  The place didn't look very nice but the food tasted quite good.  I thought M1's risotto was comparable to the fancy place we went to on Day 2.

The drive back to Markham was smooth and we only stopped once for a break.  Waiting for us was a nice home cooked meal by Uncle Pepe and Aunt Kay.  We also got to sleep in our own beds again.  This is why Mommy always said the best part about a vacation is that feeling you get when you come home.

Overall, it was a very nice vacation.  We had a good time and some relaxation.  Everyone enjoyed the food.  It was nice for me that M1 took care of the itinerary.  I only had to choose one restaurant ... what was the name of it again?  Oh yeah, Tim Horton's - on route.  Another bonus for me was that the driving was easy.  The train tickets for the four of us were a whopping $894 including taxes!  So the trade-off for $130 of gas and $75 for parking was a big gain.  M1's favourite part was everything!  She liked the shows, the food, just spending time together as a family.  M2's favourite parts were the Cirque du Soleil show and of course Le Metro.  M3 said, "No offense to the shows, but the food was the best part!"

Big Oh

P.S. Following up on the people falling down on the trip, M1 slipped in the shower at home.  Then the next day, we went to a New Year's Eve party and M3 fell on a snowbank as she was getting out of the car.  So we had a streak where each one of us fell on four consecutive days.


1 comment:

  1. Hi cousins! I love Montreal and I really enjoyed reading what you got up to. I loved St Viateur so much when I visited, I was determined to learn to make bagels when I got home. Mine aren't the same, but I definitely won't be eating Tim Hortons bagels anymore either! I also slipped and fell when I visited Montreal, so I guess we have that in common. :)

    ReplyDelete