Monday, July 27, 2015

Another One Of Those "Lists"

People love to make lists....I love to make lists!  Grocery lists, packing lists, to do lists, bucket lists....the list is endless!  I've come across many  lists such as "110 Things I Wil Teach My Daughter", "Tips I'll Tell My Sister", "Top 10 Parenting Lessons I've Learned".... and so forth.  So here is my latest list ... can not take credit for 90% of things here - but there are so many great ideas that I know if I don't write it down I'll forget.

20 Things To Teach My Daughters

1. Never skip breakfast if you can help it
2. Know your limits & exceed them - except when drinking.
3. Your problems may seem overwhelming right now but you will get through them - I'll make sure of that
4. Drink water - lots of it
5. Learn to say "No"
6. Learn to love walking - in the city, on the beach, in the woods, sunny days, snowy days, rainy days, all the time
7. No one has to earn your respect, everyone deserves it, regardless of who they are
8. Get a proper fitting bra
9. Read.  A lot.  Even the books you don't think you'll understand because someday you will.
10. There is a lot of bad in this world, but there is more good.   Expect the good but prepare for the bad.
11. Don't be afraid to ask for my help
12. Learn to enjoy your own company
13. Start saving money as early as possible - your older self will thank you immensely
14. Turn off that cellphone, iPad, laptop and go outside
15. Be gentle with other people's feeling - everyone is fighting their own battle that you don't necessarily know about.
16. Say what you mean and mean what you say
17. Apologize - say sorry when you are & mean it
18. Forgive yourself - don't beat yourself up on the mistakes you make
19. Don't be "nice" - be kind & compassionate
20. Practice gratitude - be thankful for the big & little things

Y.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment