Friday, January 12, 2018

Waiting For My Turn

I’m at my weekly appointment now - waiting.  I’ve spent a lot of time waiting over the last 4 years - I should be used to it by now.  

I really dislike these weekly appointments - not that I’d like the appointments any better if it was less frequent.   I think what I’m trying to say is that coming weekly doesn’t give me a chance to feel “normal”.  When I was coming to the hospital every 3 or 4 weeks it was easier to “forget” I was sick.  I’d go to my appointment and after resting for 3-4 days, I could then go about my routines/activities for at least a couple of weeks without too much difficulty.

When my appointments were 3 weeks a part, I did what most moms with 3 young children would do: plan meals, go shopping, cook & clean.  I would take my kids to school & walk home with them.  I would go shopping with them, go out for a movie, a special meal or treat once-in-awhile.  I would go to their basketball games or track meets.  Occasionally I would even meet up with my own friends for lunch & we’d sit and chat for 2-3 hours.

It’s difficult to do all that now.  A week goes by so quickly & I barely have a chance to get my energy back before I start all over - waiting for my turn again.

Y.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment