Saturday, February 3, 2018

Dance High

I’m writing this at 4:00 o’clock in the morning.  Wasn’t able to fall asleep tonight and it’s now too late to take a sleeping pill - I have to be up early for a rare weekend hospital appointment.  I guess it’s the adrenaline from this evening’s dance show I went to watch with M1.   It wasn’t that I was excited about the show (which I did enjoy)but I think my high is from  seeing how much M1 loved watching some of her favourite celebrity dancers AND GETTING TO MEET THEM after the show!

When M1 found out Travis Wall was bringing his Shaping Sound tour to our area she asked to go right away.  We bought these tickets 3 months in advance - something I really hesitated to do as I didn’t know what my “schedule” would be like or how I’d be feeling - I have written how difficult it is for me to plan anything more than a few weeks in advance. But I am so glad I put my worries aside this time.  I am so happy I was able to go with M1 tonight.   She was immersed in the music, story, and of course dance the entire evening.   At the end of the show she found out her friend that we went with got her a pass to meet the dancers backstage!  She was estatic!  I don’t think I’ve ever seen her fan-girl side come out like it did tonight!  It was the first time she met a “celebrity” - someone who’s work she’s been admiring for awhile now.

As soon as she got home she did what any normal girl her age would do - post her pics on IG - and the wave of messages started coming in.  For the next hour she juggled between answering all her messsages and telling the Big Oh and sisters what a fabulous time she had.

I am so happy I got to experience this evening with her.  These are the moments that I live for now.

Y.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment