Friday, February 9, 2018

Do’s - No Don’ts

Let me tell you how this works.

Don’t tell me to rest.
Don’t tell me what I can or cannot/should or should not do.
When I want to drive - let me drive.
When I want to cook - let me cook.
When I want to go shopping - let me go.
When I want to stay up late to watch a movie - let me watch.
Because I know one day, probably sooner than we are expecting, I won’t be able to do all these things and more.

I know it all comes from loving me, worrying about me, and hoping for me.  Hope that if I rest and save my energy I will get better?   What am I saving my energy for?  I’m not saving myself for anything.  I am going to use every ounce of energy I have each and every day because I really don’t know how many tomorrows I have left.  I am not being melodramatic.

There aren’t a lot of things I can do anymore so please let me do what I can and what I want to.
I can still wake up every morning and make my children their breakfast and help pack their lunch.  Granted some mornings it can only be cereal, and really my M1 is more than capable of making lunch for herself & her sisters.  But I can still do this and I want to do it!  I saviour these little things.  Right now, it’s all the little things that count.

Y.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment