Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Top Ten List Of 2018




Twenty-one days ago I wrote "Christmas Countdown" and now I'm writing my top ten list. The past 3 weeks have been a blur of friends, family, and food - we wouldn't want it any other way.

10) My Health - This may be a funny thing to put on my "Top Ten" list, but I am still here and I am grateful for that.

9) Therapy - This is also an odd one to put on my list and is difficult to explain. It is a work in progress but I know we need it.

8) My Kodi Box And Netflix - There were many days that I needed a break from "real life". On those days when I needed a distraction from scheduling of appointments, waiting for test results, thinking of the future, and living in the present, that little black box came through for me

7) Dance - This always appears on my list and this year is no different. M1 and M2 continue to grow and mature on stage, and are learning to use every inch of their body to express happiness and sorrow and everything in between. This summer they tried something different and I'm so proud of them for doing that

6) My Friends - And I have many. The ones who drive me to my appointments, and who let me complain to them & cry to them. The ones who laugh with me and share meals and long conversations with me. The ones who just know when to send a thoughtful message. There are too many to list, you know who you are.

5) My Family - They are the ones who quietly holds us up, keep my children safe, keep me and the Big Oh sane. They are the ones who we don't need to ask and things will get done for us. They fix things around the house for us, they'll pick up groceries for us if they see it on sale, they'll make soup and extra food for us, and never want or expect anything in return.

4) M2 - This year she joined her very first school sports team - basketball. She learned the game, practiced hard, and gave it her all on every shift she took. I'm so happy and proud that she tried out for the team because I know how difficult it can be for M2 to try something new, especially if it's something she doesn't think she'll be good at.

3) M3 - She also started playing basketball on a recreational league. She re-started swimming lessons and continued with her piano lessons. She is having fun and gaining life skills while searching for her passion, which I know she will find. Although both her sisters took piano lessons neither of them performed in a piano recital which M3 did this year. Seeing her overcome her nervousness and having her own spotlight was one of the best moments this year.

2) M1 - This was a big year for her. She worked hard all through her grade 8 year to get the best marks. She excelled on her sports teams and extra-curricular clubs. She made the honour roll, was the Leadership Award Recipient, and gave the Valedictorian Address at her graduation. She started high school and continues to strive to be the best she can be. And she finally got her braces off!

1) The Big Oh - You always make my list. You are always number 1. I've said "I'm sorry" to you a lot over the last 5 years. I'm sorry for saying I'm sorry all the time. I love you and I am here because of you.

Y.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment