Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Stand By You

One of the benefits of my girls dancing is that I get to know & hear songs I wouldn't normally listen to.  I recently heard a song that resonated with me immediately.  When I first heard it I thought what a great song to describe a mother-to-daughter bond!  The song is called 'Stand By You" by Rachel Platten.  Here is a youtube link to it:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-urmcz2RSwI

After listening to it a few times and reading over the lyrics I realized that this is not just a 'mother-daughter' song.   The lyrics to this song made me think of my friends, my siblings & my brother/sister-in-laws, and The Big Oh.

I was driving home from an appointment the other day and as soon as I started the car this song was just starting to play on the radio.  I felt like it was a sign.  I was overcome with emotion - happiness, strength, peace, gratitude....

"Hands, put your empty hands in mine
And scars, show me all the scars you hide
And hey, if your wings are broken
Please take mine 'till yours can open, too
'Cause I'm gonna stand by you.

Oh tears, make kaleidoscope in your eyes
And hurt, I know you're hurting but so am I
And love, if your wings are broken
Borrow mine 'till yours can open, too
'Cause I'm gonna stand by you."

Sometimes just hearing a song can make an average day turn into a beautiful one.  Thank you for standing by me.

Y.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment