Thursday, December 22, 2016

Goodbye 2016

Only 3 more days until Christmas!  I say this not with excitement, but more with relief.  You see, Christmas has never been my favorite holiday or time of year.  Too much spending, too stressful, too much eating, just too much of everything.

I don't hate Christmas.  I don't love it.  There are aspects of this time of year that I do LIKE....but nothing really about it that I love.  I guess I most enjoy spending time with my family & friends.  Not large parties but smaller intimate dinners or lunches.  Sitting around, watching a movie, not really feeling like much needs to be said or done.  Just enjoying each other's PRESENCE.

The year did not start on a high note, but it didn't end on a low one either.   So what kind of year was it?  It was a year where I continued to have hope.  There were times of darkness, despair, & disappointment.  But there were also days of celebration - celebrating my beautiful family, my amazing friends, and celebrating me!

Only a few more days left for 2016.  I know 2017 will be much much better & I can't wait for it to get started!
Y.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment