Monday, August 21, 2017

Pin Me!

I know I'm late to the game.  Aren't I always?

I discovered Pintrest this summer.  I've tried 2 recipes so far - quite successfully I might add.  It's INSPIRING!  I say "inspiring" because I browsed a few similar recipes I liked and melded them together to make something of my own.  The first one was this awesome Kale & Broccoli Salad I put together.  Here's the original pin (Autumn Kale Apple & Quinoa Salad) and here's my own take on it:





I basically took the recipe and added Broccoli, Carrots, and Purple Cabbage.  I omitted the Goat Cheese, Cranberries and Nuts.  I made the dressing exactly as instructed and made sure to mar the dressing in the salad for at least 1/2 an hour before serving.  Voila.  A to-die-for salad that suits perfectly the tastes of my family! 

I recently took this recipe to a friend's dinner party and received lots of compliments - it doesn't hurt that the kale was fresh grown from my dad's garden!  Give the recipe a try with your own variations - I'm sure you'll love it as much as we did!

Y.C.


No comments:

Post a Comment