Monday, April 12, 2021

First Ever April Break: Day 2

Today was not as good a day for me as was yesterday.  It was more of an up and down day but (spoiler alert) it ended on a positive note. I tend to get that "Sunday feeling" now.  It's like that feeling you get in school after the Christmas holidays and you don't want to go back.  I feel like that almost every Sunday - I'm all lethargic and I even feel sad about going to work on Monday.

After breakfast, the girls decided to clean a portion of the living room where we kept M3's toys and M1's and M2's old dance costumes.  First M1 cleared out some stuff in her closet so that the costumes could be moved there.  All this cleaning was done to create an area where M3 could paint when we sign up for her art class.

Next M3 and I baked mozzarella sticks, coated with crushed Cheetos.  M3 found the recipe from YouTube.  Neither of us are that skilled in the kitchen so we made a big mess with flour and eggs all over the place.  The finished product did not look like it did in the YouTube video but it tasted alright.  I would say it was a 7/10.

M1 and M2 had online dance classes today - separately - so they danced in separate rooms after a brief mini-argument about who gets the bigger space in the basement (M2 got it because she called it first).  During this time I did some work (I need to stop working on the weekend - maybe that's what gives me that Sunday feeling) and M3 wrote in her journal.  She doesn't do this a lot so I was pleased she was doing it during the holiday.

I was able to run on the treadmill in the afternoon after not doing so for over a week.  Since the first lockdown last March, I've been running almost everyday - until about January.  As I said before, that's when I got really busy at work.  It became 3-4 times a week of running.  Then only on the weekends.  In March I even started skipping my weekend runs.  Hopefully I can get back into it.

My mom got shingles last month and she is still in pain on some days.  Today was not a great day for her so M1 helped her with her laundry and I was able to clean her bathroom.  My mom is a clean freak and normally does not let anyone clean her things but now she has no choice.  After cleaning her bathroom I also cleaned the girls' bathtub and shower stall.  So I was getting things done again and that made me feel a little bit better.

After dancing, M1 and M2 watched a movie - Lemonade Mouth.  It was an old Disney movie that they used to watch over and over again for a period when they were younger.  But now they were watching it so that they could make fun of how cheesy the acting and dialogue was.  They just kept making jokes about how silly the movie was and how it was crazy that they used to like it so much.  I didn't watch with them, except for one song in the movie that they made me listen to.  M3 didn't watch either as she was busy making an Escape Room game for us.  She's not done yet but we'll probably play it some time this week.

After dinner the girls had a sudden urge to bake cookies.  So they did, at 9:30.  I went to check emails and do some work and also start this blog.  I thought I would join them when they started fighting, which normally happens when the three of them try to do something together.  But this time there was no fighting.  And the cookies tasted really good!  They looked nice too.  Usually they are a blob or are burnt or are missing some ingredient.  But to paraphrase M1, "Wow, this is the first time we did it perfectly!  We didn't fight and the cookies taste and look like they're supposed to."  So we had milk and cookies at 10:30 PM.  Most days that would not be good but when it's the first ever April Break, anything can happen, and this is a wonderful ending to the day.

Big Oh

No comments:

Post a Comment