Tuesday, April 13, 2021

First Ever April Break: Days 3 and 4

Day 3

I worked a full day today so nothing eventful from my side.  I did manage to eat lunch with the girls, which is nice because we rarely get to eat lunch together on weekdays.  M1 & M2 usually eat at 11:30 and I eat with M3 at 12:30 because they have different schedules for on-line schooling.  My mom just eats whenever as she spends her mornings talking to her siblings, in-laws, and/or other children about the latest COVID numbers.  Her shingles pain was bothering her again so the girls just put a frozen chicken pot pie in the oven.

In the afternoon the girls told me they were just being couch potatoes - watching TV or YouTube.  M3 did manage to paint a little bit, making use of the corner that was cleared for her on Sunday.  M2 also got in her 1/2 hour of daily exercise that she rarely misses.  Later on she also knitted a small stuffed animal (stuffed with cotton balls) that was a whale.  Knitting is a new hobby she picked up during the pandemic.

After dinner we watched the hockey game.  The Leafs lost.  M3 skipped the 3rd period to set up the Escape Room game that she had been working on for two days.  M1, M2, and I played in 3 different rooms to see who would be able to make it out first.  The clues were the same for all of us.  I was very impressed with M3's setup of the game as the clues led from one to the next and they involved items that were present in all three rooms so there was no advantage for anyone.  The clues were clever and made sense.  M3 said she got the ideas from the internet.  We all needed hints and it took us about 20 - 25 minutes to get out.  M1 was first, M2 was second, and I was last (but I think I used the least hints - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it).  That was definitely our highlight of the day and it was good to end the day on that note.

Day 4

I tried to take the afternoon off today but still had to work a little bit.  I stopped at around 3:00.  Again, we all had lunch together and grandma was feeling better so she made noodles and vermicelli.  In the morning, M3 finger-knitted some stuff and I'm not sure what they are for.  She said they can be used as a keychain or just some kind of decoration.

After I stopped working I went to the grocery store to buy stuff for the girls so they could bake.  The list had ingredients for their cousin Addison's birthday cake which they would bake on Friday.  They also listed ingredients for lemon squares which they started working on when I got home.  This time it wasn't as peaceful as the Sunday night when they baked cookies.  There was some yelling but not too serious.  I didn't do too much and only helped squeeze lemon juice when M3 got bored of it.

While the lemon squares were baking and the two big girls were getting ready for dinner, M3 and I went out to the driveway to play a little basketball.

M1 called us in when the lemon squares were done.  But M2 didn't want us to eat any yet because they were supposed to cool down first and then be chilled in the fridge.  This is how their different personalities can sometimes lead to arguments.  M2 always follows the instructions.  M3 is very impulsive, excitable, and wants to do things right away.  M1 just wants to eat.  So M1 and M3 ate a few pieces of lemon squares while they were warm.  M2 and I waited until after dinner.  They were very good.

We also watched the Leaf game after dinner.  They lost again but at least they got a point in overtime.  After that, M1 and M3 watched This is Us, their weekly routine.  M2 and I played a Burmese card game that we call "Hollywood".  It's similar to Gin Rummy.

Big Oh

No comments:

Post a Comment