Sunday, April 18, 2021

First Ever April Break: The Final Weekend

Day 8

I got 7.5 hours of sleep last night, the most I've had in a while.  So the day got off to a good start - I had lots of energy.  M2 made crepes this morning.  She loves crepes and a few years ago YC bought a crepe maker.  M3 cut the strawberries and bananas that we would put in our crepes.  And of coursed M1 slept in.  I made baked potatoes and somehow our breakfast morphed into lunch.

A few days ago I ordered a game from Amazon called "Taco Cat Spelled Backwards" for M3.  It arrived yesterday and we opened it today to play.  It was quite fun, with some strategy involved.  It's only a 2-player game so while M3 and I played, the two big girls went to Swiffer their rooms and tidy up for school next week.

Unfortunately, I couldn't break my habit of working on the weekends and I did about an hour of work while the girls were couch potatoes.  But we did get out to play a game of basketball again.  Then I went to pull some weeds from the garden because of my obsession of making progress with household chores.

For dinner we had a Burmese dish that my sister Selina made for us  It was a bit spicy for some of us so we supplemented with BBQ pork and rice.  After dinner we hung laundry and then watched the newest episode of The Mighty Ducks.  It was still early so we thought about playing a game.  Everyone was too lazy to actually get a board game so we just played those YouTube games where you name the song or Disney show, etc.  Because the songs were not 80s Cantopop, I got zero answers correct.  The girls felt bad for me so the next category was hockey players.

Day 9

Well, there's school on Monday so we all have that "Sunday feeling".  We tried to get rid of that feeling by making food.  I made French toast for breakfast.  M2 and my mom then made my mom's yellow cake recipe, which my girls like to have for breakfast before school.  M2 is getting good at this and can do this pretty much on her own, even though she used to complain that Grandma doesn't have a fixed recipe.  She just adds more sugar or flour or eggs based on how the batter looks. M3 and I made kale chips.  I put too much salt but we know better for next time.

The rest of the day the girls just moped around, being couch potatoes, and dreading school the next day.  I was able to pull some weeds, Swiffer and mop the kitchen, clean my bathroom, and do a little bit of work-work.  I also played Taco Cat Spelled Backwards with M3.

So all in all, I think it was a nice week.  The girls got a break from school, which was the main goal of this break, I guess.  They also got to play some games, do some activities outside, watch TV, and do some cleaning.  There was good food, baking, and a birthday celebration along the way.  Let's hope for the next break we can spend some time outside our bubble with more uncles, aunts, cousins, and friends.

Big Oh

No comments:

Post a Comment