Friday, July 25, 2014

Happy Birthday

Today is my 40th birthday!  Happy birthday to me!  I'm getting a lot of love today.   I have a regular group of friends and family who always call or email on my birthday, but this year the birthday wishes have been especially meaningful to me.  Maybe it's because it's the big 4-0?  I feel blessed. I feel grateful.  I feel strong.  I feel healthy.  I feel loved.  I really FEEL all these things.

Sometimes we go through days on autopilot.  We wake up and do our usual morning routine - get the kids breakfast, out the door, go to work.  We're at work all day and rush out at 4 or 5 to get home to do more routine - dinner, wash up, driving to one kid's activity or another.  Then off to bed to start another day more or less the same way.   It is not easy to take some time to just slow down and enjoy everything around us.   Recently I have learned to take the time to appreciate everything that I have.  My birthday wish is for all my friends and family to be happy and healthy and to take a little time everyday to just slow down and to feel blessed and grateful for everything they have in their lives.

Y.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment