Thursday, September 15, 2016

Happy Birthday To My Baby


Today is M3's birthday.



As with any school day, I get a head start before the kids wake up to start breakfast & lunches.  I then go & check on the older ones to make sure they are out of bed and then help M3 with her morning routine.  Sometimes she lies in bed waiting for me to come in & help her pick out her clothes, set up her toothbrush, brush her hair.  Sometimes she's already up and getting a head start with the help of her older sisters.  Today when I went upstairs she was already in her school clothes and in the washroom brushing her teeth - today is going to be a great day!



M3 is my baby and she always will be.  I cuddle her more, kiss her more, and she enjoys playing "baby" with me more so than the older two did.  She is also my feisty one.  She has a temper.  She pushes our boundaries & tests our patience daily.  No, I am not waiting for her to grow out of this "stage" - I anticipate she will be like this forever.  This is what makes her HER and I love everything about her.



M3 reminds me everyday that being a family, a parent, is not going to always be just hugs and kisses, sunshine and rainbows.  There will be frustrations, tears, and meltdowns.  There will be cloudy days, rainy days and some downright stay-at-home-and-lock-yourselves-in-blizzard days.  And that's OK.  She reminds me that just blinding loving my children is not enough.   I need to be patient, compassionate, empathetic, and kind.  I can't do all the talking and teaching.  Sometimes I need to listen to my children, REALLY listen to them and learn from them too.



Happy Birthday M3.  Everyday you show me how I can be the best mom I can be.  I love you so much.



Y.C.


No comments:

Post a Comment