Friday, July 29, 2016

An Old Friend

Today an old friend sent me a message via FB.  She is someone I met in junior high.  We were very close at one point during our early teenage years.  I remember hanging out at her house, sharing secret crushes, going to clubs (even though we were still underage), sleepovers - these were the years where we would be finding ourselves; testing the waters; choosing our futures paths - which university we would be going to, who to date/marry, what career path we were headed to.  And so our paths slowly diverged.  But it wasn't a bad thing.  It's called growing up.  It's called Life.

But today "Life" had her knocking on my door (well actually, pinging me with a message).  She had heard from a mutual friend that I am sick.  She just wanted to let me know she was thinking about me and offer me some words of love & encouragement.   The last time I remember seeing her and talking to her she invited me to her new condo for a housewarming.  This was more than 10 years ago.  And since then we really haven't talked or socialized.  The paths we were taking never crossed but today for a brief moment we met up (albeit thru FB messaging) and for that I am grateful.

Dear J.T.:  Thanks for your message.  It really made my day.
Y.C.


No comments:

Post a Comment