Monday, July 18, 2016

Gratitude

A few months ago I wrote I had started going to church. Well I stopped.  So did M2.  But I am grateful for the experience.  It opened my eyes & taught me lot about myself and how I view religion, faith, and God.

I have taken to praying every night before I go to sleep and as soon as I wake up in the morning.   Every night I lie in bed in the evening and thank God for the beautiful day I just had.  No matter what happened that day, I am grateful that I am alive to experience it and to have shared it with my family.  I thank God for my parents & my in-laws, for keeping them healthy so they can help me with my children.  I thank God for the Big Oh.  For being able to provide for us & for his patience & strength. Finally I thank God for my children.  For keeping them healthy and for every day I am able to spend with them.

When I wake up in the morning, the first thing I think about is God and how grateful I am to Him that he is giving me another day.  That is how my mornings begin - with gratitude.

Whether you have a deep sense of religion or not I think being grateful & happy is an exercise everyone should practice daily.  Give it a try.

Y.C.

No comments:

Post a Comment