Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Happy Birthday To My Meese

Today is M2's birthday.  She is 10 years old. 

Parent's are not suppose to have a favorite child - And for the record I certainly don't.  I love all my girls in their own special way.   They each have their own personalities, their own quirkiness, their own annoying behaviours - and I love everything about them, because that's what makes them their own special person.  But IF I did have a favorite I think it would be M2...

She is so funny.  She has a wicked sense of humour.  She sees quirkiness and weirdness in some of the most mundane things and then her silly grin will creep on her face like she just discovered a secret that she is dying to tell.  And she keeps a journal of riddles and jokes she's read or heard.

She is so sensitive.  And at 10 years old she already knows compassion and empathy.  Her feelings get hurt easily - sometimes with a word or an action that was never intended to be hurtful at all.  But even when she is feeling sad or angry at someone she'll think about how the other person is feeling too. 

She is so smart.  She is my gifted child.  You know, she did score in the 98th percentile in the school "gifted" test!  She'll be my doctor, engineer, scientist...anything she can dream of I know she'll succeed at.

She is so strong.  Have you seen her dance?  Her handstands?  Her push-ups and sit-ups?  How she flies thru the air with her jumps?  And those abs and glutes?  Rock.  Hard.  Steele.

She is so loving.  She always remembers birthdays.  She always remembers to make or buy a card or present.  She still comes home after school with a hug or kiss for me.  She still comes and kisses me goodnight.  She cares about her sisters - she loves and protects them so much.

She is so beautiful.  Her smile.  Her eyes.  Those wicked tiger teeth of hers - just like daddy has.

Happy 10th Birthday Meese.  Love, mommy.

Y.C.



No comments:

Post a Comment