Sunday, August 14, 2016

Summer Institute: Week 2

As I said before I am writing another blog about our summer camp. A lot of my electives were the same as last week but we did different things. These were my electives this week:

Music Mix: This week we had to impress our counsellor. So I used an app on the I Pads that creates your own Music. At the end of the week we had to share it with the class.

Digital Art: Last week I didn't have Digital Art but it was actually really fun. Since the Olympics are going on our theme this week was the Olympics. So we went outside to take pictures of ourselves playing sports. After that our counsellor printed out our pictures and we cut both pictures into stripes. When we do that we glue them onto a sheet of paper alternating our pictures. The final step is to fold it like a zigzag and when you put it on one angle you see one picture and when you turn it the other way you see the other picture.

Visual Arts: Our activity was to draw different shapes in a page and overlap them. Then we colour them using pencil crayon and pressing hard on the outline and just coluring regularly in the middle.

Math, Games and Puzzles: This week we did the same exact thing as last week except we played on the laptops a lot more which wasn't that fun.

Tech World: This week we had to research about a Olympic athlete and do a power point about them. My group chose the badminton player Michelle Li.

Comic Book Wizard: In this elective we also had to impress our counsellor by drawing whatever we want. I decided to draw Sponge Bob Square Pants.

Since this week was Olympic week on Wednesday we had our own summer Olympics. My team was team Jamaica. We didn't have sports we just had activities. My favourite one was called Ball Balance. We had to walk, run, skip, etc. across the yard balancing a tennis ball on a spoon without dropping it.

I had a lot of fun bot weeks at Summer Institute and I hope that we will come back next year!


                                                       M2


No comments:

Post a Comment