Friday, August 5, 2016

Summer Institute:Week 1

This week I went to Summer Institute. Last year I posted a blog about Summer Institute and I said that I wanted to came back again this year so we did. I am also going next week so I am going to do another blog at the end of next week. At this summer camp the give you a list of around 15-20 different electives and you decide which ones are your top 10. Then based on what you decided on they will put you in 6 different electives. Here are the electives that I did this week:

Sportacular Fun: In this elective we play different sports and games like Chuck the Chicken, Capture the Flag, and Soccer Baseball. I thought that it was fun.

Music Mix: In Music Mix we sang a song. We sang "Love is an Open Door"from Frozen. I signed up for it because last year we got make our own song on I Pads and it fun, but this year we had to sing and I didn't really want to do singing.

Visual Arts: In Visual Arts we did Bleeding Tissue Paper Art. You cut tissue paper in different shapes and put it on your paper , Then you put a little bit of water on a paintbrush and put on the tissue paper lightly. When you are done you take off the tissue paper off and it will make a nice design.

Math Puzzles and Games: In this elective we play Math games and we do puzzles. One time we did the Monty Hall problem. We also played a game called 24 where they give you 4 numbers that you can add, subtract, multiply or divide to get 24 and you cannot use each number more than once. For example if the numbers are 8,8,1,6 then it is 8+1=9-6=3x8=24.  

Tech World: In Tech World we think of an invention and create a commercial on I Movie. Our group did a Hover Bike. It's like a hover board but it has a seat and handle bars.

Comic Book Wizard: In Comic Book Wizard we made our favourite movie or video game poster. I did The Secret Life Of Pets which is the one I watched for my birthday. Everyone in that elective didn't finish because we had to do 2 drafts both coloured and our good copy was supposed to be on chart paper.

I am going back to this camp next week too. I will also do another blog as I said earlier so I am looking forward to seeing what electives I will have next week.


                                                               M2

No comments:

Post a Comment